Thursday, February 20, 2014

Whimsical Wednesday

ˈ(h)wimzikəl/
adjective
adjective: whimsical
1.
playfully quaint or fanciful, esp. in an appealing and amusing way.
"a whimsical sense of humor"



Whimsical Wednesdays are a fun way to share a positive moment, story, picture, or media clip.  The special needs community deals daily with issues that can be described as less than whimsical.  This is our opportunity to let go and have a little fun.


Hannah's Belles
A project to collect and distribute dresses to girls and women with different abilities
Girls and women of ALL abilities deserve the opportunity to become the belle of the ball! 

We are collecting gently used dresses of all sizes (girls, juniors, misses, women's) and all occasions (sundresses, cocktail, prom, bridesmaid, etc) to then distribute to girls and women with different abilities, at no cost to them. 

The goal is to help remind each of these ladies how beautiful they are!!

Watch the Fox News video clip here

Share your Whimsical Wednesday comments here.  Let us see what whimsy is happening all round us.


6 comments:

  1. I love this! All girls should be able to feel like a princess sometimes. It is so wonderful that this organization is giving so many girls, who might not otherwise be able to afford it, the opportunity to feel special. I would actually like to ask you where I would have to go to give this organization my prom dress from high school. I know I’m never going to wear it again so I would love to give it to Hannah’s Belles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your feedback, Chelsea! I agree that this is a great event. The girls all so much fun dressing up. I'll take that dress or you can drop it off at Hannah and Friends. Whichever works best for you :)
      Contact info: Kathy (574) 217-7860
      Website http://www.hannahandfriends.org
      51250 Hollyhock Road, South Bend, Indiana

      Delete
    2. I don't really know my way around South Bend (besides getting to school) so I think it would be easier for me to meet you somewhere at school to give the dress. Is there a certain time that would be most convenient for you?

      Delete
    3. I'll make arrangements to pick it up via email. Thank you again for your donation and for participating in such a great event! I know our girls will love the dress!

      Delete
  2. I too think that this is a wonderful idea for a special event! This getting all fancied up is a rite of passage for young women. Like Chelsea said "all girls should be able to feel like a princess sometimes." Looking back at those occassions in my past, I think half (or more) of the fun was looking forward to the big day and planning for it. What an awesome event to be a part of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some photos of the girls in dresses on their Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.734359163265372.1073741860.207272669307360&type=1. There will be a formal dance where they all get to wear these dresses - so it just keeps getting better! We should all put on our fancy dress and go tot he "Ball" and dance with the princesses. Want to go?

      Delete